Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Baby names

I went to a restaurant last night and had a few drinks at the bar. I ended up meeting these two guys that were sitting near me and hanging out with them for a while. One was obviously an IT guy based on the conversation before I joined in, the other I wasn't sure about. I was bored and interjected myself into the conversation - since it was obvious that neither one of them was going to make the first move, even though I could tell they wanted to.

As it turns out the IT was married and just had a baby (the pictures were whipped out almost immediately- too cute.) It's pretty sad that Mr. IT was the one who kept the conversation going - the other guy (the cute one) was soooooo shy!!! I am not bashing IT guys (cause I love you and your nerdy pointed little heads so much,) but you know it's bad when they are the smooth ones in a group. Non-IT eventually got the clue that I thought he was cute and asked if he could walk me out to my car when I got up to leave.

I was on the phone at one point and heard IT guy say to Non-IT guy "If you don't ask her out I will no longer be your friend." Awwwwww....

There are a few problems with Non-IT guy:
1. He has the WORST name I have ever heard. Seriously- he needs to change it ASAP. Apparently his parents were having a VERY bad day the day he was born. When he calls me I will approach the subject of what pet name he would like me to use...
2. He is a nanny. Is that odd? I think it might be. He appears to be my age.
3. He studied Theology* and at one point thought that is what he wanted to do with his life. Now I like the concept of somebody studying that- I do, but we are talking about somebody who wants to date me. We all know this sounds like a bad idea. I am corrupting by nature.
4. He is a homebody. I do not fall into that category 6 out of 7 days a week.
5. He lives in south Dallas and I do not.

That looks like enough reasons for me not to answer when he calls, but we all know I will. I dare-say he will not be another notch on my bedpost however.

Ewwwwww- what a boring post. Sorry my lovelies.

I learned that the bar I was at last night is one of the places where S (ex best friend/lover) hangs out. He was such a dick that I am thinking about doing something bad with that information. We shall see.

*He will now be Non-IT boy due to the hits I was getting today from people searching on Theo....

15 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger The Funky Bee said...

Every one of those things on the list got weirder and weirder. Is it strange that he's a nanny? ummm, yes. But...you will answer his call and I can't wait for your post after you do. This could get interesting.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Golightly said...

Theologist and nanny = very interesting! I'm so curious what his name is

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger ago-go said...

yeah, give us the first letter and see if we can guess!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

E

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Girl With An Alibi said...

Edward
Edwin
Elwin
Ebert
Elbert
Elgin
Ethan
Evan
Erin
Edmund
Errol
Emerson
Emmet
Enoch (it would fit with the theology)

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Girl With An Alibi said...

Ebenezer
Elwood
Earl
Elroy
Elvis
Eli
Ezra
Eugene
Evander
Emory
Ennis

Tell me if I'm getting warm here...

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

it is on the second list. Oh my its bad bad bad.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Girl With An Alibi said...

okay the worst name on that list has got to be Ebenezer. Is that it?

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

Earl? that is the worst name, in my op., on the second list

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

place your bets tongiht and I will reveal in the morning.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

now, I want to go with Earl or Eugene
The suspense...eek!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger katarina said...

It's gotta be Eugene.
At least he doesn't study scientology.
I think a male nanny's kinda cool.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Girl With An Alibi said...

Ebenezer, Ezra, Eugene or Elroy. That's what I say. They all either sound like an old man or a serial killer so that's what I say.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger yournamehere said...

My brother once sold a house to a man named Juan C. Elcockholder, which I believe is Spanish for "The Cock holder."

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

It is Earl my friends. Earl. I put him in my phone under E.

What the hell were they thinking? He might be a serial killer after all..... one day I will explain 'the Wayne theory'....

"The Cock Holder" - awesome. I might have to consider a name change if I was legally called the cock holder.

My parents named my brother Barry (family name) and he now goes by Ezra.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com