Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Game

OK- we all like to say that we don't want to play those silly little love/dating/lust games, but when it comes right down to it I am uncomfortable when somebody breaks the rules and messes with the reality to which I have become accustomed.

In this case I am referring to the waiting a few days before calling when scoring somebody's digits. I do it, you have done it- everybody does it. Apparently Non-IT Boy does not do it. I just checked my cell and there sat a voice mail from him. I really didn't even want to listen to it to be honest with you. But I did, and there it was. He reminded me who he was (as if I had forgotten that quickly) and said that he was glad we met and to give him a call when I get a chance.

Things like this bring back flashes of my last two, no three 'relationships.' All three were VERY eager to spend time with me from day one. I will admit that I am a little gun shy when it comes to men these days- I'm not sure what I want out of a man right now beyond a good fuck. I do know that I don’t want to be smothered and I want to be able to go out with anybody I want. These are the things that the last three men tried to take away from me. I like being single – is that so wrong??

So here I am freaking about yet another man who wants to 'be' with me. E says I am sabotaging a potential dating partner due to my neurotic tendencies. I call it being proactive. Yeah, I get that if somebody wants to talk to me that they should be able to call when they want to, but it hasn’t been 24 hours even. My mind races with questions of what does he want, will he disapprove of my lifestyle, is he good in bed, will he let me change his name?

I tried to explain to E that this ‘breaking of the rules’ is exactly what I have seen her doing since she has been single and it is why she is having trouble keeping the boys she wants. Too much too soon.

Oh God- I’m not perfect. None of us are from what I understand.

Fuck. We're screwed.

8 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing is wrong w/ that... if you want to be clumped in w/ the likes of women who call themselves 'whores'...

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

just to clarify I am a whore if I am single? I just want to understand where you are coming from anon.

Also, how many women do you know that call themselves whores? I thought that term was usually reserved for usage by the men who uphold the double standard that sexually liberated women are in the wrong but men who choose to be single and sexually active are to be celebrated.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Shumpy said...

Breaking the rules from the get-go. bad. Where's the proper etiquette?

WAIT AT LEAST TWO DAYS DUDE!

Also (my cents) with the whole name changing thing... not gonna work.

There is nothing wrong with being single and proud.

"Oh God- I’m not perfect. None of us are from what I understand." speak for yourself sista! ;-)

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger yournamehere said...

Wow, I can't fucking stand anonymous critics. I only let bloggers comment on my site now. Show me your work, genius, if you're going to badmouth mine.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger katarina said...

Well said Todd.

Stephie honey, maybe you could send those guys my way. I'm getting nothing over here and I'm ready for a relationship.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger A. Estella Sassypants said...

If you can't scream his name in bed with a straight face it'll never work. I avoided a guy named Harold for that very reason once. It doesn't sound good in that breathy bedroom/phone sex voice or as a screeching proclamation of orgasmic ecstacy.

And anon: you're a fuckrag.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger AMS said...

em - you're just not that into him!
fuck it - you may as well have your cake and eat it too

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger R said...

Single is awesome...But you have to be upfront about what you want. Otherwise guys think they can read minds, and they try to think of what you want to give it to you. But we are idiots, and we always screw it up.

I don't date because of the drama...I like being able to hang out with whomever I choose and not have to report back to anyone.

And anonymous...You are an ignorant ass, How dare you pass judgement on something you know nothing about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com