Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Bah

So I didn't have the energy to call him to come get his stuff - I curled up in a ball on my couch and slept with the Man of Fire DVD playing. It was oddly comforting to wake up and see Denzel's face looking back at me.

Creasy: "I am going to ask questions. If you don't answer fully and truthfully, you will suffer much more than you have to. I'm going to cut your fingers off. One by one, if I have to."

I love that movie. Anybody who cuts a man's fingers off one by one is ok in my book.

And now I shall go stun the financial world with my analysis skills. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do.

6 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger JJ said...

That is a great movie. I saw it onboard the worst cruise ever and just stayed in my cabin and watched it over and over alternating with Matchstick Men, another great.

Man on Fire captures vengeful rage better than any non-Peckinpah movie ever made. The Scott Gleen version doesn't carry nearly as much weight.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

I liked Matchstick Men a lot as well. There is something very appealing about the gritty style these movies have.

I'm also a big fan of Training Day, I'm really not much of a movie person but I watch Training Day about once a week (at least part of it anyway.)

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Golightly said...

I LOVE this movie!

"I wish you had more time"

Best revenge movie. ever!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger wopanese said...

Anyone here ever watch Payback with Mel Gibson? Well, I guess that wasn't exactly revenge... not entirely...

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

go- agreed

wop- I haven't seen it, perhaps I will put it on my list of things to do.

I got about 1/2 through Hotel Rwanda before the DVD messed up, I'm hoping to finish that this week.

Not having cable is really helping me catch up on my movie watching.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Shumpy said...

get Payback! It is gritty and funny all at once. Plus it's a cheapy at BestBuy right now ($9 I think).

I liked both of those movies. Denzel plays such a badass in MoF.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com