Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Things I've learned in the last 2 days....

1. Never eat a huge portion of spaghetti and then attempt to go jogging 10 minutes later. It will not make you feel better, as a matter of fact it will make you vomit on the sidewalk as some random taxi driver honks at you because regurgitating food is sexy.

2. Do not think that it is a good idea to have chocolate milk and a cesar salad for breakfast. It is not.

3. If you have taken sleeping pills do not sleep on the couch in the living room because it will make it difficult to ignore the boy(s) knocking on your door at midnight. Said boys will get their asses kicked when I get home from work.

4. The grocery store is evil. It is no wonder last night was only the second time I have been in one since I moved into my apartment July 1. All grocery shopping should be done at 7-11 at 4 am. I blame Army Boy for not providing my dinner therefore forcing me to mingle with commoners. There are people there Army Boy- people that I didn't want to talk to dammit.

5. Too much of a good thing can be badbadbad. You need no details at this time.

19 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE spaghetti.

that is lil pennies from heaven.

or silver dollars.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Stairwell said...

1. Ewww. And cab drivers honk at everything. Ever been to NYC?
2. Did it start out as a good idea?
3. I had someone call me at 10 while I was on pain pills and I almost choked them through the phone. Those boys are toast.
4. Tips for grocery shopping: a) wear sunglasses at all times, b) don't speak to anyone; only nod if necessary, c) throw out your nastiest attitude if anyone attempts to approach you. I've made it thorough an entire shopping trip with only two nods ("do you have a member card" and "have a nice evening, Mr. xxxx").

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

J- huh?

Stair- 1. Yes and yes they do.
2. It sounded good at the time.
3. They are sooooo very much toast. What the hell did they want anyway? I will find out.
4. Have somebody else do it for me. Oh Cuban Boy.....

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Stairwell said...

Randon topic: Did you have good lunch?

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

ahhh- another round of spaghetti, i skipped the broccoli and cheese side this time ;)

That was random. Were you waiting outside my house for me again?? :)

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Stairwell said...

Spaghetti again? You're brave.

Yes, it was me. Sorry about your window screen. Won't happen again. ;)

I saw someone at HBP that *could have been* mistaken for you - at least what I know of you. I was just curious.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Eddo said...

I am right there with you on that whole jogging and Spaghetti thing. After I over eat I always want to go and run it off along with the guilt, I succeed in neither.

Thanks for stopping by PN... the Butt Rap Off is still going strong!!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

HBP?

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Stairwell said...

Oops, sorry. Typing ahead of my brain (common occurence). HPB = Half Price Books

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

that would not be an uncommon site, but it wasn't me today. Are you lurking in my neck of the woods? Are you a north Dallas man?

Did you get anything good?????

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Stairwell said...

Actually, I was at the gigantic one off of NW Hwy. Didn't get anything good - they didn't have what I was looking for. But they did have a fantastic autographed book of Frost poems that I almost bought.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

Thats my fav one just because of the interesting rare books they get in. Who in the hell turned the Frost book in to them??? Damn. Dare I ask how much they wanted for it?

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Stairwell said...

$200. It was very tempting. I adore Frost. They also had a first edition of Confederacy of Dunces for $1300.

I assume people just inherit them and don't know any better. Or (more likely) they're just stupid.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

holy shit $200 would be tempting indeed.

I might have to head over later - I won't buy it out from under you I promise .

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Stairwell said...

I'm not gonna get it. I have a signed Frost already (present from the folks). That's why I didn't get it. It's all yours if you want it. Plus, I wouldn't until I had time to check the signature's authenticity.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger A. Estella Sassypants said...

Y'all are titilating me with all your rare book talk. I need to be alone.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

can we watch just for a minute Andish??? :)

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger A. Estella Sassypants said...

It'll cost ya.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Stairwell said...

Andi - I got a slew of first editions. Mostly early 20th century English and American novels. What's your price?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com