Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Monday, September 12, 2005

I'm not broken!!!!!!!

I figured out what the problem was and it is well on its way to being fixed. No more details at this time.

I had a wonderful weekend full of sleep, bad movies (oh so bad) a even a couple of dates (I know they were against the rules, but they helped!)

I spent Friday night completely alone - I didn't answer my phone, I went to sleep at an obscenely early hour and slept until an obscenely late hour. It was pure bliss.

Saturday was spent sitting in front of the tv watching the aforementioned bad movies (Closer and Constantine. Who in the world told Keanu that he could act? Seriously I want their address so I can kick their ass.)

I caved in on Saturday night and went over to EB's house for dinner and a movie (we never quite made it to the movie- the man reads - he is gorgeous and he READS!! We got caught up talking about books - *swoon*) He taught me how to country dance in the middle of his living room - I had to leave early lest I rip his clothes off and do something I was sure to regret.

When I left EB's house about 10 and wasn't quite ready to go home, so I hooked up with a guy we met last weekend - Paul - and his coworkers to watch the end of the UT game. We had a blast - Paul is super cute and is no nonsense about the whole dating thing like I am. His coworkers were so much fun- a very laid back crowd that was amused by my antics. All of his friends asked me out when he wasn't looking (because you men are dogs!)

Paul and I ended up getting a little more familiar with each other in the parking lot as he walked me to my car at the end of the night.

I felt a little bad when I got the following voice mail from EB as I was adjusting my disheveled self in the car after parting with Paul:

"Hey gorgeous - ummm - it's 2 am and I just wanted to know that I can't sleep because I can't stop thinking about you. I hope you are sleeping well."

I wanted to audio post it because it was so sweet, but that's not gonna happen because I am a technical idiot.

I managed to be alone all day Sunday and into the night. I didn’t return calls from Army Boy, Cuban Boy and Tall Boy.

Yea me!

So I feel well rested and ready to go now.

The normal me is back tonight – I am going to a strip club with Paul and his coworkers – I bet I will have some fun stories to share tomorrow!

11 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Stairwell said...

Wonderful! I can't stand being in funks.

What were the "bad" movies?

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger wopanese said...

Sweet!

I had a post... blogger ate it and ran. Beware blogger. Bad blogger bad!

Monday. Coffee. Need. hrrngg..

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Stairwell said...

Keanu does a breakout role every 5 years just to make sure somebody keeps hiring him. And to make matters worse, I saw a preview for Thumbsucker and he looks really good in it.

A reader?!?! Oh wow. Now that's something.

So let me get this straight, I don't watch football and then you do??? Did the Earth collapse on itself and I missed it?

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Steph-

Yeah. Keanu sucks. He sucks hard. I enjoyed the movie, but Keanu was terrible.

I thought you hated voicemails from guys like that? I don't get you. I swear.

-Tim

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

wo- I know, it is being evil today. Makes me want to switch my comments to Haloscan. Coffee good?

stair- yeah- i have yet to see one of those breakout roles - I simply can't get past this voice I think. Duh.

I KNOW!!!! Pretty and can read? I'm sold (almost.) He does appear to have an unhealthy fascination with breasts and comic books however - but these things can be marked up to 'geeky' and are therefore hot.

Yeah - my 'watching football' consisted of scoping out the bar for who I could hit on if Paul and his friends were boring. There was only 2.30 left in the game by the time I got there. Humperdinks on Greenville- what a sports lovers paradise.

tim- it wasn't one I could even finish - you know its bad when there are only 10 minutes left and I say what the hell, I dont need to know how it ends. badbadbad.

I don't know why his phone call hit me as being sweet this time - perhaps because I didn't ask push me to stay and engage in the nakedness? He's a really cool guy.

gag.

I made myself throw up a little bit.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger wopanese said...

Coffee good. Head clearing. My new post - not so great, dammit. Wop say, "Bad blogger."

Keanu - every movie he's in I sit and watch and wait for him to say, "Whoa" a la Bill & Ted.

EB reads - sweet. So much better than TV.

Paul... EB... oh my word. You are so bad. This could be a problem for them... be careful, you.

Glad you spent Sunday in your own space. See, I told you it's good for you. Even the Energizer bunny takes a break from time to time (he just does it off camera so you don't see him)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Stairwell said...

Keanu or can't he.

I can't swear by this (and I needed a little help from IMDB, but it goes something like this: River's Edge (1986), crap, My Own Private Idaho(1991), crap, The Devil's Advocate(1997), crap, The Gift (2000), crap, and possibly Thumbsucker (2005). (Note: "crap" does not necessarily mean the movie was crap - just his acting.)

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

never seen it, never seen it, it was ok but i dont remember him so much in it, never seen it, adn we shall see!!!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger yournamehere said...

Get a lap dance for me.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger ago-go said...

i saw keanu doing Hamlet here in Winnipeg about 9 years ago...it was pretty fucking hilarious!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger katarina said...

Hamlet? OMG. I can't even imagine. Someone should tell Todd to add him to the shovel list if he hadn't already made it. He is horrible. Anytime I see a preview with him in it, I want to poke myself in the eye repeatedly. He's the same in every movie. Very momotone and very surfer boy.
I'm glad you had a good weekend. Can't wait to hear about the strip club. I've always wanted to do that. Go watch. Not go be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com