Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Thursday, October 20, 2005

The lunch date

Lunch went very well..... this email to my sister sums it up:

"Oh yes, he will soon be in love with me and I will have to break his heart. It is inevitable.

He is a really nice guy that has traveled the world. He went to high school in Germany. Rarrrrrrr. He does not drink because 5 years ago he decided he had a problem and stopped, but doesn’t mind being around people who do. He will be 40 in January.

He is very involved with his family (they live here) and had some good stories to tell. He loves his job (how odd would that be?)

We both agreed that we are not looking for somebody to marry at this point, just some good conversation. Alas, we all know he will soon be buying me a ring because all men are crazy and do the EXACT opposite of what they say they will do.

He told me I was pretty, which is always a plus. Several times I caught him staring at me when he thought I wasn’t looking.

This is the fun part before I realize that he is a total psycho and begin to hate him. What do you think, two weeks?? Ha!"

Yeah, so he sent me a few follow up emails telling me I looked nice today and that he wants to call me tonight.

*sigh*

We shall see what happens.

9 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Three weeks if you take it slow. Slow does not equal hour long phone conversations. Then I give it 10 days. Men sux.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger katarina said...

Okay. I gotta jump on the band wagon with Ago and ask you to start a sidebar with the "Man Tree". I was okay before. But when you added the suit, I thought it may start getting difficult.
I had already forgotten Army Boy.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger A. Estella Sassypants said...

I see sex sand shiny things in your future.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger nongirlfriend said...

Go easy on him, sister.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Stairwell said...

I'm with Non. Don't hurt him. He sounds fragile. ;)

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger MollyNormal said...

What I want to know is why is he 40 and still single? If he's never been married, there must be something wrong with him...

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

sam- indeed they do!!

kat- a man tree will be considered

andi- i hope so

non - i shall consider your advise ;)

Stair- perhaps

Molly- there is nothing wrong with being single at 40.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger MollyNormal said...

OK that didn't come out the way I meant it. I take that back. There's nothing wrong with being single at 40. I just wonder if there's a particular reason for it.

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Clint said...

sounds like this dude has it bad for you already...i give it 10 days tops before he pushes to hard and starts the inevidable hate cycle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com