Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Monday, October 17, 2005

Meh

All I can say about the weekend is meh.

There was an incident where I tried to pretend that I was asleep when EB told me that he really likes me and wants to spend more time with me. The best part about it was we were mid-conversation and in the car, and it was painfully obvious that I was not really asleep. I was intoxicated at the time and he did call me on it. I agreed to try to give him more time, but we all know that is a lie.

So the joke is now that I have narcolepsy at the first sign of conversation about emotions. That works for me.

I brought a date to girls night (to my credit I didn’t know it was supposed to be a girls night.) He held his own (in more ways than one that night because I am still refusing to grant him access to the goods.)

I was still in a lot of pain from Thursday night on Friday so I went out with Pixel, but I didn’t last more than a few hours. We went to a bar to see a band play and it was the oddest thing – I was one of the tallest people there, and I am only 5’4. It was land of the tiny little men and women. The band was good though. They only served been in cans – I will not be going back, as I do not prefer to be a giant in the crowd while sporting an aluminum can. Gross.

So yeah, that’s it.

There was a point at which I said “the best I can hope for is that I had clothes on when I walked the dog.”

All in all a very bland weekend. I shall try to spice things up this week, but can make no promises.

3 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger katarina said...

Cans?!? I've never heard of anything so tribal. I hope they were at least cheaper than bottles.
And I've played possum my share of times. It's a normal reaction.

Meh, is right. You'll do better next weekend.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger yournamehere said...

I'll never forget the time I went to the bar and at 6'6" I was one of the shortest there; and they served beer out of old bowling shoes.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger The Funky Bee said...

oh my god you're an emotional narcoleptic! Now that is some funny shite!

and I am a shorty myself so if I was ever considered "tall" in a crowd we'd have a problem. And I actually like some beers out of cans...when they've been in a cooler for a long time they get so icy cold - i love that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com