Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Friday, October 28, 2005

The Suit

I received the equivalent of a ‘check yes or no’ note from The Suit after the lunch date yesterday.

“Enjoyed lunch. You’re such a lovely lady (lady- who is he kidding?) I’m looking forward to dinner on Sunday as well. I am attracted to you- I’m sure you know this. Just wanted to let you know.” –The Suit

Is he new? I guess there is something to be said for honesty. I think he was letting me know he is interested because at first we were playing the “friends” thing – a friendly lunch here, a friendly chat there. It’s kind of cute. I enjoyed the way he looked at me when he thought I wasn’t looking – like while I was ordering- a piercing stare, almost as if he was trying to memorize my face. Or maybe he was picturing me naked – either way. I tried to let him know again yesterday that I am a casual dater – nothing serious for this filly. We shall see. Hopefully there won’t be a ring baked into the dessert on Sunday. :)

Last night was happy hour with the coworkers – most fun ever!!!! First was margarita on the patio of a Mexican joint, then on to a sushi bar. The new guy is going to be one of my new drinking buddies. I just asked one of my coworkers if I smoked a cigarette last night- scratchy throat and gravelly voice – oh so sexy. A good time was had by all – some more than others.

Must work. Be good.

8 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger ago-go said...

hmmm, another one for the list. if there's a ring in your cake i will die laughing! :o)

so are you still mad at paul?

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

I am indeed.

A girl can be petty, right? He gets to make the next call.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Stairwell said...

Fun. So does the suit have any staying power? Seems too "nice" (but maybe that's just me).

Speaking of, a friend of mine was proposed to after 3 dates (no sex). SHE asked HIM. Apparently her clock is ticking madly. He declined.

Drinking buddies are great fun aren't they?

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kat's Nine Lives said...

My ex-boyfriend's parent got married on their third date. (Also no sex) He told her, "Well, we can either go to the movies or go to Vegas and get married by Elvis." So, off they went to Vegas and they are still together till this day.

Sunday shoud be fun...Enjoy!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Polly Prissy-Pants said...

I. am. attracted. to. you.

Whatever happened to the chase?

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger yournamehere said...

Steph, all of these blogger mash notes I've been writing to you and I should have just said "I am attracted to you."

Fuck.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger MollyNormal said...

Best of luck with the Suit... but I'm still rooting for Paul. I'm hoping he will redeem himself.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Sam said...

A lady? Wow. He's a....?! I don't know about this one, you might be way too much for him to handle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com