Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Friday, November 04, 2005

I am not dead....

Although it was touch and go there for a while.

I had what I like to call MCBF (Mad Cow Bird Flu.) OK, so maybe it was a wicked stomach virus, whatever, I wanted to die.

I sent text messages like "Food poisoning is the new Weight Watchers, 'cause I'm never eating again." (I thought I had food poisoning, which was going to give me reason to never cook again, but alas I was wrong.)

I begged the dog to go get me some Sprite, but he simply refused. The bastard. He is dead to me (ok maybe not, but dammit he should be able to handle getting a Sprite out of the Coke machine.)

I wanted to go to the doctor/ER/anywhere that would make the vomiting stop, but I could not get out of bed. I could not shower; I was too weak to pick up a book to read to pass the time. At one point I had a temperature of 102.7 - that would be the point at which I start hallucinating apparently, because I had a conversation with my father's skeleton about something.

But I am better now. Mostly. I haven't been able to eat anything at all since Tursday.

I went over and stayed the night at The Suit's last night, nothing sexy, just somebody to hold me all night and tell me I am pretty even when I am all icky and pale and weak. We came up with a new term - Fust- it is that combination of friendship and lust that you feel at the beginning of a new relationship. I think we are going to spend the weekend together. Why not?

I must get to the hundreds of emails in my work inbox. Fun stuff.

15 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Kat's Nine Lives said...

You were missed...Sorry you were sick but glad you're better..and back!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger ago-go said...

glad you're alive sweetie...i was worried.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Girl With An Alibi said...

I my gosh girl. That sounds wretched. I'm glad you're feeling better.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Polly Prissy-Pants said...

Oooh, I had fever induced hallucinations once when I was a youngster. I saw a hooded figure standing in front of my tv. I threw my alarm clock at it.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Pixel said...

I tried to kill a spide the size of an adult fist last night until my brother told me I was dreaming.

I love ``fust'' I think it is a great definition for a very gray area at the start of a relationship.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger nongirlfriend said...

Hope you're doing better. That food poisoning/stomach bug/flu shit must be going around. I had it two weeks ago, then Vicente got it.

Make the Suit bring you soup and sherbet, draw you a bath and give you back rubs. Men are good for something (well, besides sex) sometimes.

The one time I had hallucinations brought on by fever, I had some sort of outer body experience. Too bad I wasn't feeling better so I could actually enjoy it.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger The Funky Bee said...

oohh I like fust. That's a good one. Glad you're feeling better, sounds like a rough one!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Stairwell said...

It's time to see if the Suit is worth his salt, I think.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger MollyNormal said...

Fust is very good. I think I am experiencing it right now myself. The Suit sounds pretty good but I'm still holding out for Paul.... no mention of him for daysssssssssss boo hoo

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger yournamehere said...

I'm glad you're okay, Steph. I'm going to assume your negative comment on my blog post of a few days ago was fever-induced.

Just kidding. I love ya and I'm glad you're back.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger katarina said...

God, that sucks. I would rather have my nipples burned off then vomit. That is the worst feeling in the world.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger aughra said...

dude, I love your NPH quote from Harold and Kumar in the header...

Shit, I am going to have to go watch that now.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger A. Estella Sassypants said...

The weekend with the suit?? Oh my!!! I'm glad you're feeling better and PLEASE don't send that mad cow bird flu this way.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Steph said...

Yikers! I'm glad you're feeling better. One of your male meat boys should have taken you to the doctor!

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger lala said...

Now that you're feeling better, it's time to try training the dog to fetch from the vending machine... I'm sure its possible.

Glad you're back with the living.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com