Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The vacation continues.

There is a reason why I live alone. I don't like sharing cars, beds, towels and conversation before 10 am.

I like leaving something on the counter and being able to find it again in two hours. I like being able to come in at 2 am without having to be super quiet.

I like to sleep in silence, sans snoring (besides my own or that of someone who has fucked me properly.)

Perhaps going on vacation with my mom and sister was so very much not a good idea. Exactly how many botanical gardens am I expected to go to before it becomes acceptable for me to rake at my eyes with my fingernails in hopes of a quick trip to the hospital to get in out of the elements?

At least Pixel and I have an understanding, if one of us seems annoyed then we probably are and it is best to split up, it's just a skill that we have perfected over the years. It works for us. Them not so much.

I went to great legnths to protect my Anna Sui loose powder on the trip - I packed it in layers and layers of protection and put it in my carry on, I secured a special place in the bathroom for it and informed the others in the room where it was and to be careful. What happened you ask? The maid spilled the entire contents on the bathroom floor. The fucking bathroom floor. $40 powder. Oh well.

We have one more full day then it's back on the plane and back to the real world. The Suit says me misses me very much and come to think of it I miss him too. But I think I miss Paul equally, so what does that tell you?

We have ice skated (my first time,) been on a suspension bridge in the forest that would take your breath away (quite literally,) have seen whales and sharks, been to some killer gardens (lots and lots of them,) eaten in Chinatown, been to a ski resort, an archeology museum and lots of great clubs and lots of other stuff as well. (There you go Stairwell, we have done more than seduce Canadian men.)

More tomorrow....

8 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Blogger Steph said...

your mom is a garden fiend too? I have come to abhor flowers.

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger katarina said...

Well, at least you're having some fun. It sounds great.
I hate going on vacation with my family too. They all snore. Every single last one of them. I have to buy earplugs before a trip. I learned that during our Florida trip last year.

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Jon said...

At least it wasn't spent watching someone each a loogy or your parents fucking on your favorite couch.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Poolboy said...

I agree w/ Jon.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger The Funky Bee said...

Sounds like you are really having a good time despite the loss of powder (that really is tragic) and the way too many visits to gardens...thank god my mom isn't into that shite. She would much rather sit at a bar with me and hey, that's A-Okay with me!

Hope the rest of your trip is a blast. Sounds like you're really making the most of it!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger coops said...

Ahh the Capilano suspension bridge, I went there after a few beers the night before. Can you believe someone threw their baby off that bridge and it survived.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger MollyNormal said...

Enjoy your time away, Steph. The real world blows. :) Glad you're seeing the sights!

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Evil Petting Zoo said...

If you're in Canada where I think you are, I might go to the same suspension bridge but instead I'm going to zip line across the tree tops.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com