Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Items of Note from my hiatus

My mother was admitted into ICU for a week with what was called a ‘cardiac event’ that turned in to ‘you have lung cancer’ that turned in to ‘we don’t know what the hell is wrong with you.’ She is now home ‘resting’ (doing restful things like cleaning out the garage and picking up the leaves.) She feels ok for the most part.


The Suit and I attempted to ‘just be friends’ and he then proceeded asked me for sex. We have only had a few short, guarded conversations since.


Paul and I saw each other the week after Thanksgiving and he was acting weird and asking a bunch of questions about The Suit. I purposely failed to mention that I had broken up with The Suit. He told me that we was going to ‘be very busy’ over the holidays so I assumed that meant we were done. He sent me a text message X-mas eve that said Merry Xmas and that he would see me when he gets back in town. I don’t know where we stand.


The minion that I mentioned from a few weeks back freaked out and sent me a message that said ‘lose my number’ because I playfully chastised him about his obsession with my breasts. That was easy.


I never called the Santa entry in my phone.


I was asked for my id last night while purchasing Nyquil. You only have to be 18 to buy this drug, I told the lady she was crazy and she said ‘no id, no Nyquil.’


The vet’s assistant told me that I looked like the finished product on What Not To Wear. That was one of the nicest compliments I’ve received in a long time.

8 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Osbasso said...

Aacckk! Hope your mom's OK! I love the various possibilities they run through before they figure out they don't know anything! Keep us in the loop on this one!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger A. Estella Sassypants said...

I hate doctors and your mom's scenario is the reason why. Keep us posted.

And that is the best compliment EVER. I love that show. I immersed myself in the marathon last week.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger AndyT13 said...

Such problems make my own seem trivial. Thanks. Tell your mom the bloggers are pulling for her. UH..anyway HHNT!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Girl With An Alibi said...

Sheesh, Doctors! I think there's some kind of mental game being played there. Like they really don't know at first but they don't want to admit it cause you'll just get mad and make them feel stupid. So they just tell you your head is going to fall off any minute. So you panic and start saying good-bye to loved ones and making plans for Disneyland one last time. Then it's like oh, "well maybe not". So now you're like all grateful that your head isn't falling off so you get all jazzed up over it and go clean the garage.

Bastards!

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger nongirlfriend said...

Damn, they're ID'ing for NyQuil now? Must switch back to Vicks Vapor Rub. Excellent thing to sniff when your Sharpies run out.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger katarina said...

Why do they have to tell you the worst thing and upset you.
Tell her to lie down or we'll kick her ass.

It's not over with the suit. He'll be back.

I heart Paul. I'm glad he's coming back.

I used to love that show when I had that channel. Whaddaya think, is the first guy or the second guy better on that show?

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger The Funky Bee said...

wow, I hope your mom is doing better and you find out what the deal is soon.

Do they really card people buying Nyquil? Weird...you must look 12 ;O)

The compliment is a great one! You must be a hot dresser. That would make my year...

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger ago-go said...

that sucks keep us posted girl. it's always worse when they don't know what it is.

kat, i like the 2nd guy better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com