Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

They were going to kill him today....

So I now have a new dog.

His name is Sammy and he is a beautiful 10 YO Cocker Spaniel that is as sweet as they come.

The animal shelter attendant cried when I told her that I would take him home with me. He had been there a long time because everybody that comes in there wants a puppy.

He was dirty and stinky and tugs at the leash like a madman, but he loves to have his big floppy ears rubbed and will do just about anything for a belly rub. He is completely deaf and doesn't know what to think about my cat.

He snores very loudly and stole my new super-soft blanket off of my bed at some point last night, but he loves to go outside and his whole body wags when I pick up his leash.

He cleaned up very nicely, it turns out that he has beautiful silky hair. We have an appointment with the vet this afternoon to begin treatment on what I am sure is Kennel Cough. If he has heartworms you can all count on a PayPal account being added here in the next few weeks.

Just what y'all wanted, more pictures of my furbabies.

I'll be back for real soon.

Paul comes back in town today. Muhahahaha.

13 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger nongirlfriend said...

Good for you for RESCUING a dog! Too many people want puppies and/or purebreds. At least my purebreds were rescue dogs!

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Nice of you to rescue the dog....since it's deaf does it bark loudly though?

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger A. Estella Sassypants said...

I LOVE YOU for taking him home. He's adorable, and I hope all is well with this health.

Now, what about your other dog? The husky? Still got it? I know you were thinking of finding it a new home.

Andi *beastmaster*

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Kat's Nine Lives said...

Steph...

Nice to see that you're back...What a very unselfish deed. I'm sure your new baby already loves you tons! Take care....

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Steph said...

Awww...I can't go to shelters. I end up wanting to take every animal home with me. He's adorable.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Jon said...

You are awesome for rescuing him. I would do that if I wasn't so allergic.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger livinlife said...

God Bless you. As someone that has several "last-minute" rescues I know they are special animals for special people like you!!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Osbasso said...

You're just too damned good!

Hope your Christmas went well!

BTW--I'll do just about anything for a good belly rub!

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger katarina said...

Merry Christmas to him!

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Clint said...

hope you and your new expensive freind have a happy new year.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Girl With An Alibi said...

Oh what a sweetie. You are sooo going to Heaven for rescueing him... well you know not right away cause you'd have to die and we don't want that... but one day when you're like old and stuff they will throw open the pearly gates and welcome you in for saving this little guy.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger The Funky Bee said...

so freakin adorable!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Sam said...

You are the best. Give him lots of kisses for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com