Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Friday, January 27, 2006

Fantasizing

It is a Friday afternoon and I am really, really wanting to go home. I have been fantasizing about how I can hang myself from the ceiling using only tape and paperclips, but I'm pretty sure it is impossible.

Conversation with my boss:

[14:53] Stephanie: ummmmm- can we all leave at 4?
[14:53] Chris: ummmmmmm - why
[14:53] Stephanie: ummmmm- cause it was a hellish week
[14:54] Stephanie: and we gave you a cookie
[14:54] Stephanie: ;)
[14:54] Chris: nice try
[14:54] Chris: do we have anything outstanding that needs to be done
[14:54] Stephanie: meh, dont we always?
[14:54] Stephanie: :)
[14:55] Stephanie: i dont think anything is 'due' today
[14:56] Chris: how about 4:30
[14:56] Chris: is that ok
[14:57] Stephanie: i am speaking with my people about your terms
[14:57] Chris: this is not a democracy
[14:57] Stephanie: we have decided to accept your terms
[14:58] Stephanie: and appreciate your negotiations.
[14:58] Stephanie: you have earned yourself another cookie.
[14:58] Chris: lol
[14:58] Chris: you guys are too much
[14:58] Stephanie: we know.

5 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger coops said...

Well, it's home time. Let me know who the paper clips thing goes as I've got nothing better to do this weekend. Have a good one.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger nongirlfriend said...

I was contemplating suicide at work yesterday, too. What a fucking hellish week.

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger lala said...

I think you're wasted in your current job. Ever see the movie The Negotiator? That could be you!

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger katarina said...

Sounds like you had a little fun.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger The Funky Bee said...

going home early on a Friday is always the BEST!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com