Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I managed to sunburn my entire body last night. Ever had your eyelids burnt to a crisp? So. Not. Fun. Nipples, who needs nipples? They are merely the body’s equivalent of flair, right? Ahhhhhh to be one of those girls that can go without a bra and not look like a freak. I will be better tomorrow, I do this frequently. The painful price we pay to not look pale and sickly.

So I have lunch plans with The Suit today, doesn’t that sound like a good idea? I haven’t seen him since before Christmas, so I’m sure he will have lots to tell me. We set up this little rendezvous last week over IM, so when he called me last night I was a little caught off guard. To be honest with you it was nice to hear his voice, to hear someone tell me how much he misses talking to me every day. I promise not to get sucked back in y’all.

Nothing exciting going on here. For those of you who asked, the new doggie is working out quite well. It is hard having a deaf dog, it makes correcting him very difficult. He likes to chase the cat (oh she just loves me right now) and will get in the trash if I am not careful, but he makes a nice little companion. He does this weird thing that makes me really sad for him, when he is going to sleep and when I am getting ready for work he buries his head in a blanket and sucks on it. There is no chewing, he just puts it in his mouth and whines a little until he falls asleep. I looked it up (what did we do before the net?) and apparently this is common behavior in dogs that have been displaced and have been through a shelter. Poor little guy.

So there you have it. Tonight is tequila Tuesday at a local bar, so I will be heading over with some of my fun coworkers. Thank God for tequila!!!

4 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Osbasso said...

Hope the nipples can handle tequila night!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger bunny said...

Amen for tequila!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Stairwell said...

Somehow tequila and sunburns done sound appeasing. But after a few shots, I'm sure you wont give a damn about what's appeasing. ;)

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger The Funky Bee said...

thank god for tequila! You said it! haha

I really can't believe we both have nipple issues going on today. That is so completely random. I am with you on tanning in the winter though. I was going to go last week just for a spruce up. I admit I'm not that pale in comparison to some of my translucent friends BUT I do start to feel like I look sickly when winter rolls around! A girl just needs some sunshine and color, even if it is 15 minutes in a tubular container full of harmful light bulbs.

Your poor little dog sounds so cute. It's like a little child that's been displaced. You're good peeps for rescuing him Steph!

OH and SAY NO TO SUIT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com