Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Monday, January 30, 2006

Le weekend

Nothing exciting to see here.

I received date invitations from two different men who are 21 years old and turned both down because I am a good girl. Ok, because I was feeling pissy about Paul. Whatever, the point is I said no.

The weekend was low key- stayed in Friday night and played ball with Sammy thecutestdoggieever and went to bed super early. Oh wait, I did leave the house Friday night – I went and tanned and then took my makeup-free, hair pulled up in a sloppy bun self to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. Have I mentioned how much I hate Wal-Mart lately, ‘cause I really, really do. Why do people with screaming babies think they are cute? They so aren’t!!!! I am the bitchy person who will say something as I pass…..

Anyway, the semi-cute guy in the self checkout line in front of me ended up paying for my purchase (two eyeshadows and a bottle of water)– all $16 of it. I tried to refuse, but by the time I looked up from the magazine I was looking at the damage was already done. He didn’t ask for my phone number, nada – he just said ‘here you go, have a good night’ and walked out the door. It was so sweet (maybe I looked poor?)

Things like this don’t happen to me, but the timing could not have been any better because I was still feeling the sting from the creepy guy at Chili’s earlier in the week. I guess it’s my turn next time I have some extra money. Good karma – I can use all I can get!

He was buying 6 duffle bags – either he was going to be picking up some major drugs, or he had some heads that needed a place to be stored. Either way…….

Saturday night was girls night in. Wild times, wild times. How did I become the blow job expert in the group? I don’t know how I feel about that….

Sunday I nursed my killer hangover compliments of the strongest Cosmopolitans ever Saturday night – I am no longer in charge of drinks for our girls nights.

I need to get out of the house this week, but have only allotted myself $47 for the rest of the week, so we will see what happens. Maybe I will go out with my 21 year olds….. dating for economics.

Oh, and my group of girls is considering going to New York for Fleet Week. Can you imagine the trouble we could get in? I can......

14 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger MollyNormal said...

I wish someone would buy my shit for me at Wal-Mart! That is pretty cool. Girls' night sounds like fun. What the hell is up with Pixel, is she ok?

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

shes fine.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger nongirlfriend said...

Why is it that every time you go out looking what you think is scrungy, some guy hits on you?

I used to get that (still do when I actually leave the freakin' house).

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger A. Estella Sassypants said...

Ooh, I'm thinkin' he needed to store heads, but I could be wrong. Nice of him to buy your stuff either way.

Now, pass me a cosmopolitan.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Dr. Syn said...

Greetings.... the next time you must endure walking by a screaming baby, tell the parent, "If you can't shut it up, please plug it up!"
As for the guy buying the duffle bags.....could he be the father of a screaming baby, who is packing to do a midnight run? cheers!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger ago-go said...

what's fleet week?

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger yournamehere said...

I know how I feel about you being the blow job expert in the group.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger katarina said...

Compared to the riff-raff that hangs out at walmart, you probably looked like a beauty queen.

Didn't Oprah do something like that once? She paid for the next person at the toll booth to see how long it would go. Everyone kept paying for the next person. Then someone broke the chain and they got it on video and ebarrassed the hell out of her on the show.
Tell Oprah I said Hi when she calls.

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger AMS said...

Brilliant! pity you hadnt stocked up on some more eyeshadows

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Stairwell said...

Have you been to NY? I think you could learn a few things about "trouble" in NYC.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger The Funky Bee said...

maybe the nice guy was buying bags for the homeless or less fortunate kids that were saving for a camping trip?

You and your girls in NYC for Fleet Week? Are you kidding me? Trouble is not even the word. That would be totally fun though. I hope you do it so I can live vicariously through you!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Tony Grant said...

That's great a guy bought you something and nothing in return? I'm a guy and I never do that, but I'm glad it happened for you. That's pretty cool.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger AndyT13 said...

Fleet week baby! All us sailors will be here for you LOL

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Im so jealous! I want someone to buy my walmart...too bad you didnt have a whole buggy full of stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com