Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Piss-eeeeee

I am in the worst mood ever today.

Plans fell through last night and frankly I am tired of that happening. This is yet another indicator that I need to make a concerted effort to find new people to hang out with.

I have taken a few steps to make this happen, I am meeting up with a group of random girls on Thursday for happy hour, and am going to an event on Saturday morning with a very nice lady I met at the grocery store (apparently I can meet people anywhere.) I am on the fence about her since when we talked this morning she informed me that I have to be somewhere at 9 am on a Saturday morning, and she told me that a skirt would be appropriate. I said that was fine, but she was not to have any expectations of my being nice and/or chipper at such an early time. And the skirt I wear will be slutty. Fuck, I don’t have any slutty skirts (sorry to disappoint Todd.)

Moving on, I have decided to focus my wrath on my fellow coworkers. I have decided to hate those girls who apply makeup in the bathroom in the afternoon. What the hell are they doing that their makeup has been so severely damaged that they have to reapply eye liner at 2 in the afternoon? We work in an office for goodness sake, not the salt mine (where I am sure eye liner is strictly forbidden.) There is this one skinny little twig that is all blonde and perfect and is always in there, her jaw set in concentration as she delicately brushes blusher on her cheeks. I don’t even own blusher dammit. That’s ok, my mom and that guy down at the liquor store tell me I’m pretty without it, but I don’t know how much I can trust their word ‘cause I’m pretty sure he drinks, and my mom is genetically obligated to tell me I’m pretty no matter what.

Speaking of the liquor store guy, I recently cheated on my regular guy with another store. I am riddled with guilt, riddled I say. The worst part is this clerk at the new store is better with the compliments, and he branches out from using the word ‘pretty’ and hit one out of the park with his usage of ‘stunning’ the other night. What girl doesn’t want to be called stunning? I do, I do. I will keep going back to the first guy because he can offer my Crown Royal for $4 cheaper than anybody else, but I will continue to have wistful, bad thoughts about going back to the other guy every once in a while I’m sure. Maybe I will ask him to expand his repertoire, would that be bad? Mix it up a little bit to keep my attention, whatever it takes to save the relationship, right?

Yeah, I need to get a life.

Somebody buy me something shiny quickly.

16 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Stairwell said...

Just ask yourself if the $4 difference is worth the compliments. Or you could buy your Crown from the one guy and all your other "needs" from the other - 'cause I know where you shop and I know they're just down the street from each other (didn't that sound creppy?).

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

Wow, that is creepy and so very true.

I have decided I need to throw another store in to the rotation since both of these guys remember my name. Maybe I will make it on a different street. ;)

Oh my. (you dont scare me)

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger nongirlfriend said...

I always felt guilty cheating on my regular, the Buck N Ruck.

Now they never see me anymore. I'm sure they're very sad and miss me terribly.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Osbasso said...

I'll buy you something shiny if you send me what you suggested to take care of my cold!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger nongirlfriend said...

Oh, and I reapply, but only if I'm to see Vicente later on that evening. Anyone else is just a waste of makeup to me!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger ago-go said...

watch out! i think this lady is taking you to church or something at 9am on Saturday morning in your 'skirt'. or maybe it's a white slavery ring and you will be sold to a sheik.

os, have you tried Buckley's?

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Dr. Syn said...

Greetings Stunning.......Here's a suggestion to help the bad mood days. You should note that your blog does not allow anonymous comments, AND posts that DO NOT start out with highly flattering comments about you.
Please excuse this question &/or my stupidity, but is loyalty to a particular liquor store a Texas thing? Out here, we just worry about the best price & go for it! I've a couple of friends that own liquor stores. If I was loyal to them it would cost me about $6-$7 a bottle more!
Ask the "nice lady" you met to review your blog. If she wouldn't participate in your blog, it's quite possibly a church thing.
White slavery mens being part of a harem.......could be the same problem you have now. A bunch of women running around, with nothing better to do, worrying about their make-up. I think there's inspiration for a couple of cartoons here.....Cheers.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Princess Steph said...

dr. syn- glad to help!!!!! not a lot of loyalty here besides the price and the fact that the guy is super nice to me all the time.


it is not a church thing, more of a fashion thing. uggggg

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Stairwell said...

Umm...any chance we get a peek at the "slutty skirt"? Just curious. ;)

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger AMS said...

OMG - those bitches who trowel on the makeup after lunch in the office wreck my head!!! its not as if they haven't enough shit on their faces to paint a ten storey house as it is

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger yournamehere said...

Steph,
if you come to Vegas I will buy you a slutty skirt. Or just apply one on you made of whipped cream.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger katarina said...

I can't really say how you look without blush. I can't say you're stunning or pretty or even cute. You need to post a pic of your face. It's time. Do it.
Or e-mail it to me.

Doesn't it make anyone else wonder where dr syn lives that he knows not one, but TWO people that own liquor stores?

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger wopanese said...

Been away... damn, I miss reading this nonstop barrage of LIFE that you go through. Thanks for posting!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Dr. Syn said...

Greetings........So here's a few facts. The liquor stores are owned family businesses & now run by (s a couple of characters (the sons) the I went all through school with. My circle of friends also includes one Industrial Designer, two brothers that own a detail shop, an ob/gyn, the operations manager of an outdoor ice rink, "only" one architect, several current & retired professional racers, several race team mechanics & marketing people, three race car restoration shop owners, a couple of chassis designers/engineers, only one past owner of a Formula One/Formula 5000/Can-Am motor racing teams, one grocery store owner (actually, the entire family), one fireman, and one other cartoonist. By the way, the city is Mtn.View, Ca.. Anything else?
notso cheers.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger ago-go said...

i'm with kat, you still owe me pics...remember? from back in OCTOBER!!!

....and how can we buy you something shiny when there's nothing shiny (except for the camera that i can't afford) on your list!?!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Marielos said...

The information contained in this site is very important to you. This page offers the ability to find information concerning any sport and any country. It's really important to visit this site. Never saw anything like before. We wholeheartedly recommend.

The best place for mlb .com,mlb cap, 2007 mlb prospect top. For more information visit:
http://www.bet911.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com