Items of Note

"Sure Jesus could restore my physical and spiritual virginity, especially if I lost it to some rapist, but who wants that? I'm saving myself for marriage, and I'll use force if necessary." -Hilary Faye

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I am hated

Yesterday was not a good day for me where men are concerned.

I ran in to The Suit in the lobby of my work building – I cheerfully said hello and he looked at me with what I would describe as disgust and shook his head and walked away. So its like that is it? We had made plans to go out to lunch for his birthday a few weeks ago and I blew it off, but we never actually firmed up a date or time so I assumed he forgot. Apparently not.

Then fueled by my torrid flirtation with A I decided to send Paul a text message telling him that I want my copy of Boondock Saints back.

Me: “So did you watch/enjoy the movie cause I’m gonna need it back now.”
Him: “Mom’s really ill I’m at home and will return it when I get back.”

I feel bad about the tone I took now. Oh well, I was going to get it back and tell him he had been replaced anyway. I just felt a little mean about the whole thing.

A wanted to go out last night but I told him I had a date- you have to keep them guessing, right? He contacts me a lot more than I would normally tolerate – I’m hoping its not just a matter of time before his morning noon and night messages begin to really annoy me. Maybe I will tell him that one out of every three messages must include a picture of his abs…..

I’m tired and don’t want to work. Send money.

6 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger AndyT13 said...

Hey Steph.
Have a little faith no? Those annoying habits of A's will soon become endearing quirks. And..uh...vice versa. :-)
What happened to Pix?
Did someone out her?

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger The Funky Bee said...

maybe the annoying messages will die down once he feels a little bit more comfortable/ "in" with you...?

Ahhh the Suit...fuck him. He deserves no explanation or sympathy.

Hope your day gets better...

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Dr. Syn said...

And now a view from the cynic......"A" is starting out with am, noon, & pm tele calls, OK. Why (besides the obvious)one must ask, & what's he going to do to top it? As for "The Suit", if he didn't confirm plans & get a YES from you, it's his problem, not yours. It's all part of the settlement agreement, you get the movie, & he gets the problem....Cheers!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger yournamehere said...

I haven't told you this for a few days, but I love you.

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger katarina said...

Sounds like A is a little like the Suit. Proceed with caution.

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger nongirlfriend said...

Watch out for too much attention at first. It can only get worse.

Suit needs to move on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sitetracker.com CLASS=ivanL_SI TARGET=_blank>FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com